Sunday, April 6

March Stone Collective: Isaiah 49:16



The Stone Collective is a community making much of Jesus as we create art, photography, prose, poems or music that commemorate the wonderful things God does in our life. Based on the passage in 1 Samuel 7:12-14, each month we will collect Ebenezer Stones as a regular practice in the art of worship via our creativity. Want to join in on The Stone Collective? Create your own Stone and link up to LIVE IT OUT! Blog. #TheStoneCollective

**********************************

Hi friends, It is was the end of the month and time for the stone collective: 

Where we stop to remember: 
What God has done and
What He is doing and 
Who he is and 
Who he has made us and 
How he provides every. single. day.
because I forget. 

And I'm late to the party, but I'm here.
Ebeneezer means: The Lord has helped us. 
This month God was in the small moments of parenting. Helping me.
Most of my prayers were for patience and wisdom and energy to make it through the day.
Being a parent is so humbling, and constantly kicks me on my &*?@, 
especially when I think things are going well. 

This month's stone is for the littles.
A reminder of how God has brought me to this place of being called "mamma"
and continues to carry me through each day.
The reminder that ultimately, my babes aren't mine, they're his. 
I get them for a little while, but He has them on the palms of his hand for eternity.


See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are ever before me.

Isaiah 49:16

May I remember this reality and not take myself or my parenting too seriously.
May I remember to giggle and tickle and play trains and make projects, 
and kick the ball and chase them around the yard, 
and hear what they are saying to me.
May I never, ever think that I can do one day of this colossal job
without the Lord's mercy and leading and guiding and grace and wisdom.

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment