Monday, July 21

Summer Inspiration

We are half way in it, brave ones. 
Here is some summer inspiration that has been making me happy.


I'm finally on @artbyerinleigh
I kinda love it. I kinda knew I would.
I love being connected to people and able to see how people are living,
Makes the world feel small.And it's just fun.

My favorite summer dinner 
It's my favorite because the boys help make it and actually eat it.
And daddy cooks it.
win/win


$$$ saving hint: When red bell peppers are on sale
I buy a bunch & chop them up & freeze them.
I pretty much throw them in everything:
salads, spaghetti sauce, tacos, or burgers.
Joshy will eat them raw with humus.


And Kelly... my dear friend Kelly is always inspiring me. Always.
Her vision and big dreams and her follow through.
The girl just makes things happen.
Like this.


Kelly is taking a team of 14 on a missions trip to China in October.
They have planned a special treat for the older kids and they need our help to pull it off.

Ben Leaman who generously volunteered to be part of our team in March, has agreed to join us again and bring something incredible to the older children there—a photography workshop for 10 young adults (aged 10-14). Using a custom designed 5-day curriculum, we will be teaching them photography basics but also speaking to their hearts to show them that they are beauty makers and creators and that their vision is valuable.
Through a donation of $200, you will be sponsoring one child to be a part of our program. Your $200 will pay for the camera, camera case, and memory card he or she will use for the class.

Please help us make this dream become a reality!

This post by Alisa Burke was so inspiring to me, to my art.
You should watch it. Get inspired. 
Biggest take away...
1.) It's okay to take it slow. baby steps.
2.) Just do something. Anything.
Get off my computer and even if it's just a sketch or a watercolor or a doodle.
Do something. Keep moving forward.

One potty trained 3 year old who lives in his undies.
Mom: Josh, we're going to the store. Put on your pants.
Josh: Whyyyyyyyyyy mom??? Do I have to???
The upside: The cutest little tush ever.



This book. 
It's about making.
I just ordered it. You should too. 



And the stack on my night stand.
Rereading some favorites.


The boys room is oh so close to being finished...







and yet so far...
I just need suck it up and finish.

Staying up into the wee hours playing and playing with my new sewing machine.
If you don't have sewing machine, you need to get one.
Because it is so fun to make something where there is nothing.

And yes, you read that right... Project Runway.
So, I kind of feel like Heidi Klum, piecing all of my little squares together.
obviously.


It's got all of these cool stitches that I've always wanted
and now I have and I love them.










 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment