Wednesday, October 22

DIY Halloween Sign



Halloween decorating day is BIG around here.
They are at the perfect magical holiday ages, 3 and 6,
when a little cardboard skeleton from the dollar store
will keep them happy for weeks. or at least minutes. or at least 30 seconds.

Have I expressed my deep gratitude and love for dollar tree & $.99 Store lately?
I think I get more excited than my kids when I find stuff for $1.
We found everything you see here (except for the sign & the window)
between those 2 stores.



I made this bunting last year.
{tutorial here}



Mini pumpkins: $.99 Store.
Glittery crow: $.99 Store


Spiders on webs: Dollar Tree


Cute little owl: Doller Tree



So I feel really silly creating a tutorial for this project.

1.) For the wood: Buy an enormous piece of wainscoting from Lowe's.
Paint it white & saw it & sand it.
(Or try to get your husband to.)
Drill holes in the top.



2. Paint: Happy Halloween on it with a bunch on candy corns on the bottom.

3. Let it dry & hang!



Ha! Riveting. I know.

Now for my Halloween house tour,
masterfully curated by my 3 and 6 year old.
They were seriously, so excited about taping cardboard pictures to
the wall that I didn't have the heart to say no!

One day they will not jump up and down, giddy with anticipation,
 when I pull the Halloween box out of the garage.
But today, they do, so today we are letting them have their say.
Enjoy.

Here's Jack & Josh's Halloween-themed collage wall.


An original work.


A pumpkin family reunion.


And Jack was adamant that we put one right by the potty,
for entertainment purposes, of course.




 Jack & Josh:
Gathering inspiration at the pumpkin patch





Did you enjoy this post?

Sign up here to receive each tutorials, printables, and daily inspiration in your email.




 Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. The kids are the sweetest! I like your sign, too...What FuN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Wanted to thank you for your blog ... I'm new to it and art journaling, I so appreciate the way you incorporate your faith into your art and your willingness to share your heart and your art ... quite a combo! Looking forward to reading and learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Halloween sign and those boys? The cutest! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your handpainting skills are awesome, it turned out so cute! I actually love the whole arrangement with the pop of turquoise. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halloween sign for the right and fantastic. The rounded and reformed. The signs of the dissertation help uk are produced and linked for the Halloween for the signatures and signals.

    ReplyDelete