Sunday, October 19

Sunday Scripture Art: The Serenity Prayer, a free printable


I have wanted to create the serenity prayer for about two years 
when I got a request from a customer for it, so I finally created it.



I have to say, I love the 12 steps. 
They have changed my life. 
Completely. changed. my. life.
Turned my world upside down and given me a brand new perspective.
New lenses = new life

I know this is scary talk for many of you.. 
And that's okay for you to be scared and uncomfortable with
recovery and the 12 steps. 
For me, they've given me so much freedom and life. 

I went through a CODA (codependents anonymous)-like program at my church, centered in Christ.
It was actually a combination of CODA and Celebrate Recovery,
focusing on freedom from codependent behaviors.
It changed my life. I'm so thankful.

I discovered that the 12 Steps are a road map,
an instruction manual, for how to be a Christian.

My favorite part?
Step 1: I admitted that I was powerless over others 
and that my life had become unmanageable.

I love that.
Oh, yeah. I can't do this life on my own. 
I was never created to do this life by myself.
I was made to do life in relationship with my creator, my God.

There is such a freedom in acknowledging that I can't do this life by myself,
trusting that as I lay it down each morning,  my God will pick it up and carry me,
and then watching as he answers that prayer throughout the day.

And, honestly, my days are so different.
Not rainbows and unicorns, but peace.
Not trying to manipulate people and situations,
or be frustrated with circumstances,
but free to live in peace.

The other part I love {LOVE!} love
about recovery, is that every one comes just as they are.
Broken, wounded, raw.
There are no masks or fronts.
People are just emotionally naked,
and it makes me realize,
  we are all so broken.
me & you.

We are all walking around eating and drinking and working and sleeping
with these gashes and injuries on our souls.
And it is such a great reminder to be KIND.
We have NO IDEA what people are going through or have been through.
{Sorry for yelling at you.} I think I'm really just yelling at me.

Honestly, the only reason I mention this to you
is because it has helped me so much;
completely transformed my life and my relationships.
Everyone I have recommended it to has said the same.
If it helps lead anyone else to the freedom and peace
I have in my faith, it will be worth it.

I could not make this for you without also offering it as a free printable,
because I know I need to see this every day, multiple times a day,
I hope you do, too.

Click here to print this out as a 5 x 7.


. Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this ... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog via Tip Junkie & I'm SO glad I did! Lovely creations!!! And I needed the reminder of this prayer VERY much today, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just stumbled across your blog having found the "Faith Art Journaling Community" on FB while looking at scripture journaling on Pinterest. Of course the Serenity Prayer caught my eye right away as I am a CR leader & participant! I was going to write you and ask if you knew the rest of the prayer, but in reading further I saw that you are involved in CR & that got me all excited!
    I'm interested to know more about these Friday journaling lessons...?

    ReplyDelete