Saturday, October 18

31 Days of Scripture Art Journaling::Day 25: Creating Tabs



Start here.

Day 25: Creating Tabs
John 4

I love the woman at the well. For so many reasons.
I love how Jesus cuts right to the heart of the matter, 
where it hurts the most. Her husband. ouch. 
5 husbands. ouch.

Nothing in this world can ever quench my thirst. 
Not husbands or sons or friends.
Not relationships or finances. Not new curtains or art supplies.
 Not comfort or any of the things I chase after.
The more I drink, the more thirsty I become.




 Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 
but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.
Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
 a spring of water welling up to eternal life.
John 4:13



Let's journal.

Materials: 
Same stuff...

gesso

paint

modpodge

paper

black ink

super skinny brush


Step 1: Paint Your Page

I picked a color palette started painting.



I used the photograph in the book as part of the journal.

First I painted the background in differents colors.
Then I painted the colored hearts on the towers.
Next, I used white ink (not paint) to doodle around the photograph.
Last, I outlined some of the doodles with black ink.



Step 2: Pick Pretty Paper
Out of Which to Make Your Tabs


Cut them into rectangles big enough to fold in half to create little tabs.



Step 3: Glue a Tab on to Each Page

Fold your paper tab in half and adhere one to each page with Mod Podge.







Step 4: Paint white gesso on each tab.







Step 5: Label Each Tab
with black ink & a tiny paint brush.



And you are done!
Now go make some tabs.


Photobucket

2 comments: