Wednesday, November 5

31 Days of Scripture Art Journaling:: Day 30: Journaling A Favorite Verse; John 10

 

If you are new to Scripture Art Journaling start here.

Day 30: Journaling a Favorite Verse; John 10

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me."
John 10:14

 
This is what I love about art journaling.
I've read this chapter so many times and this verse hasn't stood out to me before.
But as I've read and prayed through this chapter, this verse just jumped off the page.
God knows me. Inside and out. I am His.
I know Him. He is my Father.
And I know Him.
 
That's it.
That is the core of my faith.
Not being good or doing or striving,
but resting in the knowledge that I belong to Him.
That He knows me. That He invites me to know Him
each and every moment.
 
The more this verse becomes a reality in my life,
The more that I an live in the abundant life that Jesus talks about in verse 10;
 
 I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
John 10:10
 
Let's go.



Materials: 
Gesso 
Colored Acrylic Paints


 Mod Podge
Black ink
Tiny Paint Brush



Step 1:Paint Your Page


Squirt a little gesso on the page, along with 2 other colors.
Use a paper towel to move the colors around the page,
covering the whole page.


Step 2: Paint an image on your page.

I love the metaphor of the shepherd and the sheep, so I painted it.


Step 3: Write your verse in black ink with an itty bitty brush.


Step 4: Add details to your image in black ink.


Step 5: Add some more details with paint.


Happy journaling!
 
 
 
Did you enjoy this post?

Sign up here to receive each 
tutorials, printables, and daily inspiration in your email.
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment