Thursday, November 27

5 Easy & Creative Ways to Display Your 2015 Printable Calendar


Happy turkey-family-parade & football-watching day, friends.
I just wanted to say, I am overwhelmed with thanks  to you. 

Thank you for your kindness, encouragement, and all of your shares,
 helping to get the 2015 Free Printable Scripture Art Calendar out there!

Have you printed one out yet? 
If you'd like to,  just sign up for my newsletter here,
 and the calendar will come with your confirmation.

I wanted to share a few fun (and inexpensive) ways that you can 
display your calendar for yourself and to gift to others this year.

But first, I messed up!
I included one image twice and left one out in the first link to the calendar.
 I fixed it and changed the link, so if you need the new link just email me at:
erinbutson@gmail.com and I will send it to you.

Tips for printing your calendar. 


Let's start with the most important part: paper.
(And by paper I mean cardstock.)
The paper makes all the difference. I promise.
Good paper will turn your calendar into a delicious, luxurious lovefest.
I do not exaggerate. ever.

Just go to your office supply store and go to the fine resume paper in little boxes.
 Then, lay down and roll around feel the paper between your fingers, 
wipe the drool from the corner of your mouth and proceed to the check out.
(Paper lovers of the world unite!)

My paper of choice, for all of my prints is this one
Bright white 80 lb. textured linen cardstock.
Yum. 

Now that we've discussed paper I'd like you all to take the paper lovers pledge: 
On my honor I promise to use thick, yummy cardstock when printing my calendars, 
and in doing so I will make the world a more beautiful place. 

After you've printed your calendars, there are so many fun ways to display them.
Here are just a few, but I'd love to see yours too. Really. 

1. Use a clipboard.

This is by far the easiest way. 
I found these cute mini clipboards at Walmart.
But you can also find some really cute ones on amazon.
Done and done.




2. Clip it to a book.

Yes, it's as easy as it sounds. 
What if I don't have an cute, old, hardback book?
The best places to find these are at garage sales, thrift stores, 
and (my favorite) the used book store at the library.
They are super cheap, $1 max.




3. Clip it to an old frame.

Don't throw that frame away. Take out the glass & the back.
Spray paint it white (or any color of your choice.)
Screw tiny screws in the back and tie some twine 
across them to hang your calendar.



4. Stick it on a tray.

Metal trays are a thrift store favorite of mine. 
First of all, they are always there. 
Just look, you'll find one. I promise. 

Second, they are so very versatile.
You can use them for carrying lunch out to the backyard, 
or to set candles and pretty things on your table, 
or as a giant magnet to hang your calendar. 

And the best part: they are cheap.


So go buy a tray, bring it home and spray paint it white. 
Then, use craft acrylic paints to paint it whatever color you want. 
Last, spray it with a clear coating so the paint doesn't peel right off.

Then make some button magnets because, who doesn't love button magnets?



and last we have...

5. Use a scrap of wood.
This is by far the most involved way, 
(but I think you should try because I think you'll love it.)

 Okay, just hear me out on this one, it's not as tricky as you may think. 
Go to your hardware store and look in the scrap wood bin
OR buy a fence post that is about 6 inches wide. 
If you don't have a saw at home, ask the saw guy to cut it for you into 9 inch pieces
then put a saw right on top of your Christmas list.


Take your wooden pieces home and paint them whatever color you want.
Then sand them. If you don't have a sander, get your little hiney
 right back to the hardware store and buy a sander because,
how are you living without a sander???

Then drill 2 holes in the top. 
If you don't have a drill then we can't be friends any more
I mean um, borrow one or see my comments about the sander above.

Thread a piece of twine through and you are done.

These are just a few ideas, but I'd love to see what you come up with.
For real. I want to know!

Would you like to receive tutorials, printables,and daily inspiration in your email?
Sign up here.



 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. These are such fabulous and inexpensive ways to display the calendar months one at a time. Personally, I am planning to see if I can fit all of them into my non-standard sized calendar frame. I'll have to attach them all to one large piece of cardstock to make them stay in place. We'll see how this goes.
    I agree with you on the sander and drill. How can anyone live without these basics? Of course, my aim is to get a drill press and jigsaw too, though my little apartment does not really have room for a full-time workshop! (Where O where is the man of my dreams... complete with a fully stocked workshop?)

    ReplyDelete