Sunday, November 16

Logos365: What's Your Word (Already?)

It's that time again. 2015 will be here before we blink. 
I've been thinking about a verse to choose for next year and 
I wanted to give you a head's up to start thinking about it, too. 

The one little word project is near and dear to my heart. 
I don't know why I get so excited about this every year, but I think it has something to do 
with new beginnings, a fresh start, and the possibilities that come along with it. 
I get a whole new year. 

I started here with the word acceptance in 2010. (What???)







I couldn't narrow it down to just one word in 2012



And then, in 2013, I chose 2 words from Luke 11:8:

I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the
 bread because of friendship, yet because of your 
shameless audacity 
he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

I wrote about the impact this verse had on me here and here.



I have come that they may have life 
and have it more abundantly.


And know I'm thinking and praying about 2015, 
but I think I already know what it is.

So I just started thinking about my new verse and  I got an email 
from Shonna about logos365 and I knew I was in.
This is a chance for me to take my verse for the year
and actually do something with it. Use it to guide me and focus me.
It also provides a forum for us to share our words or verses and come 
back to them and learn from each other how God is working 
out our verses in our lives, and making them come alive in our hearts. 
Love. this. idea. Thank you, Shonna.
I'd love for you to join me.


Here's a little more information about logos365: 

What do you do with your logos365?  

You live with it, you invite it into your life, and you let it speak to you. You follow where it leads you.  Your logos365™ is not some promise you will keep for the rest of the year to be better. The intent of your word is that it will become a part of your for the rest of your life.  Your word builds upon each other each year, and springs forth from the places you feel you left off from your previous word.  Each word you choose builds upon each other as God’s heart becomes embedded in your character. So, the question is

 Where does God want you to go this year?

Who do you want to become in might of who God has called you to be?

Remember there is no right or wrong choice. 
Words like abide, abundance, obey, expect, prayer, surrender, 
delight, submit and listen can be a very powerful experience as you allow 
God to guide you in your word.  

To make logos365™ real and relevant, consider keeping a logos365™ journal. Keeping a journal throughout the year is crucial to making this word project not just a new year’s resolution, but a change in your walk- a transformation!  If you are participating in the Take Me Deeper, then you can incorporate your logos365™ into your journal.   If you are not participating in the take me deeper process here are some logos365™ suggestions:

1. Journaling
There are many kinds of journaling you can do. Pick one that works for you.
·       Open a word document on your computer that you write in each day
·       Get a spiral notebook, that you use to journal this process
·       Buy a blank page journal where you can do some doodling, drawing, and pasting pictures, etc
·       Create an art journal where you can write and play (can use your Take Me Deeper journal)
·       Create a weekly, monthly or quarterly post on your blog or at His Kingdom Come about your logos365™ journey.

2. Accountability
Share your logos365™ with a small group of friends.  If you don’t have a  small group, we invite you to share at His Kingdom come. Share your word and stay accountable with the online group throughout the year.   Find an accountability partner either in person or on HKC. This would be someone that you can share your deepest thoughts with and who will hold you accountable to your own goals and process. 

3. Local small group:  
Schedule specific meeting dates that you can discuss with your small group and your accountability partner during this stepping out in faith.

4. Online group at His Kingdom Come: 
We will spend a few weeks in January seeking our logos365™. There are worksheets available for free to assist you in the process of spending time with God and discovering what logos365™ He provides to you.  Quarterly we will have a weekly discussion about your ongoing progress, and would love to see how your logos365™ has intertwined throughout your life.

5. Create
Make something to keep in your home, at your desk like a canvas, quilt, photo, poem, art journal, wooden word art that will keep your logos365™ in front of you throughout the year. See His Kingdom come for lots of creative examples.

Join us at http://his-kingdom-come.com/ and sign up for the logos365™ group.

Would you like to receive tutorials, printables,and daily inspiration in your email?
Sign up here.
 

 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have signed up - love this idea of the logos365. It was wonderful to see your words from the past years.

    ReplyDelete