Wednesday, December 24

Merry Christmas to you.

We almost missed the family photo shoot this year.
I'm so glad we didn't.


Family photos are one of those things that are SO 
hard to make myself (and my family) do, 
but so worth it. every. single. time.



Even if the photos are terrible and my kids are fighting and grumpy,
and it takes half a Saturday and their brand new tennis shoes get covered in mud.
Even then, so worth it. 

And it doesn't have to be expensive, or cost anything at all.
My mom (who is not a photographer in the least) came with us
and snapped about 7,000 shots.

Of course they're not perfect, but they are us. right now.
 They are Joshy's awkward smile and Jack's half smile/smirk. 
And there will never be another Christmas when these boys are 3 and 6 
and get huge satisfaction out of taping scraps of wrapping paper
 to the wall and filling our bookshelves with 
every single Christmas decoration known to man. 
This is it, friends. As Joshy would say: 
Wet's DO this. 

Many, many thanks to you, dear friends,
for traveling with me on this journey. 
I am so grateful for you. 

 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. so SWEET!
    May you continue to be blessed in the new YEAR!

    ReplyDelete