Friday, November 27

Faith Art Friday

Happy Friday-after-Thanksgiving, friends! I guess this means that the Christmas season has begun.I've never really been into the crazy Black Friday shopping thing. For my boys the Friday after Thanksgiving means one thing and one thing one only: Christmas boxes come down & decorating begins.

My seven year old has been pining over the Christmas boxes in the garage since we packed everything away last January. I've been putting him off all year by telling him that we can decorate the day after Thanksgiving. I felt a little poke in the shoulder this morning around 3 AM.
Mom, is it time?
It's still night, go back to sleep. 

5 AM
Mom is it time? 
It's very early, go back to sleep.

I held him off until about 5:30, when I had reached my poking limit, and his excitement could not be contained. Explosive, is the only word to describe it. A little bit scary, but mainly pure joy. So I grabbed my coffee, stumbled into the garage, pulled down the bins,  and gave the boys free reign over Christmas. So, Christmas has officially thrown-up all over the house. Jack's decorating aesthetic: more is more. is more is more. is more.

And just when I start to hyperventillate because the red and green walls seem to be caving in with Christmas stuff, I have to remind myself to be thankful. So very thankful. Thankful for our home, for 4 and 7, these sweet ages of my boys, for the magic that Christmas is for them. Thankful for every little part. I know it is but a breath. 

Whether you are digging out Christmas decorations, or waiting in line for a bargain, it is time for Faith Art Friday. In case you are new here...

Each Friday Melissa and I meet on our blogs with a Faith Art Journaling Prompt for us all to respond to together. We'll post our journaling responses, along with a few tips, tricks, and ideas. Then *and this is the best part* we'll meet (that means you too) with our journals and responses in our private Facebook group. This group is such an encouragement to us! We hope you'll join us.



“Go home to your own people. Tell them your story—what the Master did, how He had mercy on you.”  -Mark 5:19
 This Week's Prompt
Document a favorite testimony from your life or that of someone you care about.  It can be a testimony of salvation, healing, forgiveness, anything that impacted you and that you would like to remember.

There's no artwork today while I'm managing Christmas explosions with my boys and Melissa is enjoying Thanksgiving with her family. BUT,  Melissa has a great video to share to get you started & inspired. And, of course, we'd LOVE to see what you create here.

**************************************


In case you hadn't heard, I'm having a shop sale through Monday:


I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family!

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment