Wednesday, June 8

HKC Creative Prompt & Tutorial: I am seated


This week I'm honored to host the creative prompt 
This is a great group of Christian Creatives that provides endless resources for
 art journaling, devotions, creative tutorials, classes and more.

 I am just one artist of many contributing to the year long class: Take Me Deeper-DNA.

Join the conversation & be inspired by others in their Facebook group just  for TMD.


This week's I am statement is: 

I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms.

Adapted from Ephesians 2:6

The first time I noticed this verse was while I was in a Bible Study on Ephesians a few years ago. I had read past it so many times and during this study one teeny tiny word stopped me in my tracks.

am

I am seated. 
I AM seated. 
Not I was, or I will be, one day, 
but I am.

Right now, while I'm sitting here on my couch typing this,
I am already am seated with Jesus.
Huh? I don't get it.
How can I be here and there?

After reading several commentaries and reading and praying through the whole passage, 
I keep coming back to the same message again and again: 

It is finished. 


It is done.

I am already a daughter go the king.
I sit with Christ. Isn't that crazy?
In all my sin and shame and dirt,
I can sit with him because of what He has already done.

And I don't have to strive or perform or achieve. 

I just get to sit with him, because of who He is.

There is so much FREEDOM in knowing that 

my salvation and worth and loveliness
don't depend on me.

There is so much JOY in knowing that I can't do this. 

I fail at the starting line! Done. 
I need Jesus to throw me on a stretcher 
and carry me to the finish line because I can't 
do two seconds of being good on my own.

There is so much HOPE in knowing that

when I talk to Him in prayer, 
I am already seated with Him. 
I mean THAT much to Him.

Here is my process in journaling this verse.

Feel free to follow along, or do your own thing.
I love seeing what you create! 

As I was thinking and praying about this verse 

I kept hearing the last words to a classic hymn:

I know that it is finished. 

Let's get started.

Materials

paper
acrylic paint
white Speedball ink

Here is a little video of my page.





Don't forget to check out His Kingdom Creative Community 
and join their Facebook page

Thank you for stopping by!







4 comments:

  1. I love this Erin! Thank you SO much for teaching us at HKC this technique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your words of explanation for I AM seated. Love, love that realization that you made so real when reading your words. He spoke through your words there, for sure. Thanks for doing the creative prompt for we Christians at HKC, and as always, your artwork is an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, forgot to mention above, if you don't mind, I would like to print them out for my Bible as a reminder where I Am seated. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for this! Beautiful words and beautiful art! xx

    ReplyDelete