Pages

Tuesday, August 3

Just what I've been waiting for ...



These arrived on my door step a few days ago.
28 beautiful Premier Gallery Profile Canvases
to make my big dreams come true.
Big news:
I received a commission of
28 original mixed media collages
from Sharp Hospital. 


They are creating a new garden at one of their sites
and they want new art work for it. 

I submitted my work back in May 
and didn't hear anything. 
When I spoke with them
a couple of weeks ago 
they ordered 28 paintings.

This means I can buy paint!
This means I can get prints of several
new paintings made for my etsy shop.
This means I can enter the Little Italy Art Walk in the spring,
which has been a dream.
This means I don't have to borrow
from  our family funds to support my art addiction habit.
This means so much.

It couldn't have come at a busier time,
but that's the way these things always go, right?

P.S. Thanks for all of the airplane advice.
Jack + I survived 10 hours of travel with new toys (thanks for the tip)
DVDs, lots of running everywhere (thank you Tyler),
 and of course, lots and lots of snacks!  

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm so happy for you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin congratulations!!! That's just wonderful!!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! Cheering with and for you!
    And that pile of clean canvases looks amazing....like a freshly opened jar of nutella and you're the first one to dive in!
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin Yeah Yeah Yeah! Congratulations I am so excited for you !!! We will for sure come down to little Italy in the spring to support you and see your art. So glad you survived the 10 hrs of travel and I hope you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fantastic job (and great public exposure.) lovely, lovely work. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time at your blog. My heart always skips a beat at the sight of new canvases! I order mine from Dick Blick. How wonderful to have a commission of so many paintings! Congrats! Yes, it is a busy time though--I noticed you are a teacher! I work with special needs preschoolers and start this week. Have fun and don't stress!

    ReplyDelete