Pages

Monday, August 2

A Great Mountain Getaway

The only thing better than going on vacation is coming home.
Okay, besides the laundry piles, unpacking, and
slipping into a minor case of back to real life depression.
Still, it's always good to come home.

We have spent the last 5 days in a cabin (read: a nice vacation rental)
in the mountains with my parents.
It was a great get away.
Great in the not-too-long,
not-too-short sense.

Great in the plenty-to-do,
but I-don't-have-to-do-it-if-I-don't-want-to sense.


Great in the don't worry, we're-2-minutes-away-from-Starbucks,
but-feel-like-we're-in-the-middle-of-nature sense.


Great in the lots-of-time-with-my-baby,
yet lots-of-other-people-on-baby-duty sense.   


Great in the we don't have the funds to go on a vacation right now,
 so we're super thankful we got to go sense.


Great in the I get to hang out with my husband + baby
for a whole ten days in a row sense.

Great in the I get to stay up until 2:00 working on my art and not feel bad because
there are lots of other people on baby duty sense.


We are relaxed and renewed.
We are thankful.


 




8 comments:

  1. Hi Erin--thanks so much for coming over to my blog, because now I found yours--great blog and art!! I love your Etsy store--and also this post on just getting away--we can all relate!
    I'm leaving for a few days too, but it's kind of "work" related. I'll be blogging about it. I'll be following your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun vacation! While my husband and I haven't gone away, we have gone on 3 stay-cations in July, enjoying day trips near home to see things many miss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great getaway!!!:O)And thank you for the great comments:O) have an awesome week:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks and sounds like you had an incredible time :) I just scrolled through your blog, and you're so talented! Painting scares the heck out of me (other than doing it with my kids ;)) but you make it look like so much fun and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a good time and that you got to relax and unwind a bit. It is so nice to have so many other people around to help. Understanding your getting home depression. Been there done that! Have fun in Boston can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello lovely one!
    i'm swooning over your fanciful pictures and am simply delighted by your blog!
    thank-you for such splendid posts! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've eloquently described the word "vacation", in my book....like building the perfect ice cream sundae.
    I'm thrilled you got to wallow in it!
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I passed by your booth at the art faire in Carlsbad a couple of years ago and thought "Wow!" You were so inspiring! You were out there doing it when I was on a break from any creative endeavors, busy being a mom to our young daughter. Now our daughter's in high school and I suddenly have found time for creativity gain. I'm so happy to run across your blog to keep up with you. I'm following on Facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete