Pages

Sunday, October 17

We get one story, you and I...

And so my prayer is that your story will have involved
some leaving and some coming home,
some summer and some winter,
some roses blooming out like children in a play.
My hope is your story will be about changing,
about getting something beautiful born inside of you
about learning to love a woman or a man,
about learning to love a child,
about moving yourself around water,
around mountains, around friends,
about learning to love others
more than we love ourselves,
about learning oneness as a way of understanding God.
We get one story, you and I, and one story alone.
God has established the elements,
the setting and the climax and the resolution.
It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it?
— Donald Miller
(Through Painted Deserts: Light, God, and Beauty on the Open Road)

I've been playing it safe for a long while
and I think it's time for me
to venture out. 
How about you?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! I have been thinking about you! How is your classful this year? Mine are cute but oh so talkative...all day long! I've roped in some of them, but never all, all at once! haha I really LOVE this post and your art. oh my, your art always cuts straight to my heart. You are so touching and beautiful. I am honored that you take the time to visit me and leave a comment, and I enjoy it more than I can tell you. I am still using Martha Lever's handmade fabric art journal these past few weeks. It is 6" X 6" mostly, but some of the pages are only about 4" wide. I love it! My last journal was bigger and was from elviestudio.etsy and I LOVED that larger size and thicker paper. (I am a journal obsessed individual). Hope you are enjoying your autumn and that your little darling gets to sit with a giant pumpkin. xo Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful challenging
    art, both written and painted.
    Thanks for reminding us
    to live out our stories.
    I don't want to leave behind
    any "nothing-at-all"s.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such beautiful art! I teach 2nd grade so I know how you feel about wanting to come home and collapse! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing". What a great quote! Mind if I steel that for Facebook?
    Hope you´re fine, my friend!I really like the boat-picture, it´s warm and has a great texture in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post:O) Hope all is well and have an awesome week:O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quote...love your blog, too! Thanks for sharing yourself with the world :)

    ReplyDelete