Pages

Thursday, June 30

Art Journaling: The Perfect Bathroom

Thank you, thank you, thank you  for all of your love
and well wishes for Josh and our new family of 4.
Thank you for sharing in our joy.
We are overwhelmed
& taking in every minute.



I'm linking up with Gussy's Inspiration Workshop today
I thought it would be a good excuse to play in my art journal.
The only rule I have for my journal is to play & try new things.

The prompt:
The Perfect Bathroom

For my background I started with a few colors of paint.



Then added paper.



Then doodled and dreamed.



Then added more paint.





And put it all together.






My perfect bathroom would have to have...

fresh flowers everywhere
an enormous claw foot tub
really good water pressure
an abundance of perfectly folded warm white towels
yummy glass jars full of expensive soaps from France.
a separate space for a well ligthed beauty station
did I mention fresh flowers everywhere?





Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!


Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you...you found and took time to create!! You must continue to do so.

    Sometimes that's needed more than a nap...but don't neglect resting too...sound like your Mama!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful! I love, love, LOVE your creativity for the inspiration workshop! Your art is fab and your bathroom looks super happy. I, too, am a sucker for claw-foot tubs! ;-) Following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am stopping over from Gussy! I like your take on it! I can't draw,so I admire those who can! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I absolutely LOVE this! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so inspirational!! thank you for sharing your creation with us. putting fresh flowers in my bathroom hasn't really entered my mind before ~ thank you! {popping over from gussy sews}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and I love all your ideas for storage too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *GASP* Your doodle bathroom is so colorful, whimsical and PERFECT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Art Journaling with a brand new baby! I AM IMPRESSED, Erin! Is your SuperHero cape hanging in this bathroom?? My grandma had a goreous claw foot bathtub...I wish I knew then what I know now because I would have taken it when she passed. It was such a part of my childhood...and her memory.♥ Beauitful artwork, as always, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cool how you just design your own idea. I love how colorful it is, and your art is very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of an art journal! Your bathroom art is so cute it makes me want to try to draw and make my own art journal. Very cute post! Stopping by via Gussy ;-) New follower of you now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO fun and creative!!! I'm excited to explore your blog and shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the process and the Bathroom:O) Glad you are doing well:O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are doing well! I just needed to create something...and this got me so inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  14. GIRL, you have such amazing talent! this is SERIOUSLY gorgeous. g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s! thank you so much for sharing your drawings and linking up.

    ...we all love your dream bathroom! :]

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my word... so beautiful!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I'm visiting from Gussy's Inspiration Workshop. I absolutely love your "doodles" really it's art. What fun to frame and hang in a bathroom. Just amazing. I'm a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfection!!! truly talented and love the bathroom too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your drawing style! and definitely agree with the fresh flowers...via gussy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVELY. and hooray for fresh flowers everywhere! xo
    see you at blog sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always love looking at your cool sketches!

    ReplyDelete