Pages

Friday, January 22

Making My First Art Journal


I'm making my first art journal ever.
so fun.
so free.
no rules.
I don't even have to show anyone...
it's all mine.

equally as fun and inspiring fun, is to peek into the journals of so many talented artists/bloggers/friends and see their hearts and style and talent poured out on paper.

I'm still feeling wiped out by the holidays. really feeling the january blahs. so hardto give myself a swift kick in the pants...and I'm wondering if I'll ever find balance... or is this ebb and flow just a part of life.

I get so caught up in a my art and paint and paper... that I exhaust myself and my family and relationships and responsibilities suffer... laundry threatens to eat us alive...

I need
to stop.
and sit.
and be.

I know this.
I already know this in my brain.
why is it so hard to do?
every day.

even now,
at 2:30 in the morning.
i just want to go
and go.
and go.
and do.

my goal.
my hope.
my focus
is to be.
that's it.

to sit
and receive
and get filled up.
so that i have something to give
the people I love.

I went back to Oswald Chambers in My Utmost today.
It made me so happy.
Such wisdom and truth:

January 21st:
Am I as spontaneously kind to God as I used to be,
or am I only expecting God to be kind to me?
...There is no joy in the soul that has forgotten what God prizes.

Off to journal...

3 comments:

  1. I know, why is it so easy to do and not be?!!
    I have a hard time with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog! Enjoy journaling & watch out for that man eating laundry ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page of art. "A bird does not sing because it has an answer, but because it has a song." So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete