Pages

Saturday, July 24

In love with fresh salsa

I don't know about you,
but I've never made fresh salsa.
It's always sounded complicated and unnecessary.
Like making crackers or something.

I've never been so wrong.
I was finally inspired by Paige,
only because it looked (and is)
so darned simple.
and yummy.


I made up my own version
and it is everything I've ever wanted
in a salsa and more.
The 3 of us were inhaling it.

Here it is:
1 can of black beans drained
1 avocado diced
1 red onion diced
2 tomatoes diced
2 green onions chopped
a handful of cilantro chopped up
a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice
fresh pepper and garlic salt
olive oil

Mix everything except the avocado + let it marinate over night.
Add the avocado at the last minute.
Eat to your heart's content.

1 comment:

  1. Beeeeeautiful! I'm IN....and in line at the grocery store for the red onion:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete