Pages

Wednesday, March 16

Queen Bee Market Spring 2011, A Little Bit of Luke

Thank you for such supportive comments on my last post.
Honestly, with this bloggy world of friends, I really feel like I'm not alone.
Like we're on our journeys together.
And it's the community that I need.
 I'm so thankful for your sweet selves.

*****************************************************

I applied for this last month...


 and I found out today that I got in!
It is less than 2 months away.
If you are in the San Diego area I hope you'll stop by.
Now my head is spinning with ideas for my booth.
I've been working on a couple of different series for the etsy shop.
And this will help light a fire under me and get paintings finished.

*******************************************************


Today was the best day. ever.
I am 25 weeks today.
I had a doctor's appointment this morning.
Everything is looking good, entering my 3rd trimester.
He is kicking like crazy & I am getting ridiculously big.
But feeling great.



After my appointment I had a little time to myself
 (what is that?)
so I went to one of my favorite spots
Cedros Design District in Solana Beach.
Beauty. Creativity. Inspiration. Everywhere.
I actually sat down and read and sketched and prayed.


(Alisa Burke style sketching. Loving it.)

Luke 5

I read this story.
About Peter and the fish
and they had dropped their nets a bunch of times
& caught nothing.
then Jesus said to drop them again.
and it didn't make any sense to them.
but they did it anyway.
"But because you say so..."
faith & obedience.
that's exactly where I'm at right now.


I can't see it.

I don't understand it.
I don't know what you're doing.
"But because you say so..."
I will do it.


I love that Jesus is always saying,
"Do not be afraid."
In just about every situation.
To pretty much everyone.
Over and over.
Not just me.
I'm in good company.

 I talked about fear in my last post.
Fear of  taking myself seriously as a business owner.
Fear of telling anyone else.
Fear of announcing it.
Fear of stepping out,
trusting that God will show me
where he wants me to go.
That he'll give me everything I need.


And they were astonished
at the catch of fish.

3 comments:

  1. What a grand day you've had and congratulations all around. It's wonderful to how things are developing for you in so many areas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So feeling this
    and cheering over all the fishes
    swimming your way.
    Schools of 'em!
    And you'll have the grace
    to pull in that net
    at just the right time
    (He is great at timing, as well:))
    Bright green hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! Was really hoping to make it down there to shop but tough to swing a road trip on Mother's Day weekend. Your work is beautiful. Have a great time!

    I'm going to Blog Sugar, too! :)

    ReplyDelete