Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Inspiration: oh how he loves us

Have you heard this song?
I love the David Crowder Band and I've had this song
in my head since I heard it yesterday.
Love.

Here's a little journaling-in-progress.


I like to use old hardback books for my journals.
First, I gesso the pages (either with a brush or a paper towel)
I gesso 5 to 10 pages at a time, separating them with wax paper,
 letting some of the page show through.


I mix colors on the page with my fingers.
Then I add another layer of gesso for the letters.


And then I catch a climbing, paper-snatching monkey.

And more paint with my fingers.


And then I add paper and Sharpie and white gel pen.
Done for now .
Happy week to you!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!!!! Thank you for the process, Erin. I have so much I want to learn, and so much I want to do each day... And I adore your paper snatching monkey! Your art is so inspiring and full of spirit, your children are full of joy and spirit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journal page - wonderful message, great description of your process. What an adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ssoooo great! I love to see your process ;) thanks so much for stopping by to say hello, I'm so glad we can connect now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite songs from The David Crowder Band!! Love it! Your art is beautiful!! So happy to be your newest follower! Have a blessed week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete