Pages

Sunday, January 26

Sunday Scripture: Ephesians 2:10 You are God's work of art

I love this verse, can you tell?
I love because it's so outrageously hard to believe, isn't it?
The word masterpiece is actually the greek word poema
which means spoken poem.
God's spoken work of art.
That's what I am. 
That's what you are.


This year I chose this verse. and the words abundant life.
 I want to try to figure out what that looks like
 I think part of the abundant life that Jesus has for us is only found in authenticity.
I know that's a buzz word for blogging and it's tough to bottle up and define
butI know it when I see it. And I know it when I write it.
And I know it when I don't write it. It feels kinda gross.

If I really am God's masterpiece,
his treasured possession, if that really is true,
then what am I telling my creator by trying to be what I am not, 
and covering up all of the things that I am.
That He has made me?

Who am I to tell God,
thanks that you made me and all,
but you really messed up in this area?
Let me help you out, Lord.

Who am I NOT to be my beautiful brilliant self?

We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' 
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small 
does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about 
shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. 
We are all meant to shine, as children do. 
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. 
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, 
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. 
As we are liberated from our own fear, 
our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson


To let God's glory shine through my brokenness
And to trust that God made me
fearfully and wonderfully and beautifully,
as He promises He did.

To stand in the truth of who God made me to be,
inspite of  the thoughts and feelings and messages of this world 
that would have me believe differently is not to brag or boast,
but it is simply to trust that God's promises are true.
That He IS who He says he is.
That He IS the great I AM.


Our time is just a breath. 
To try to be anyone besides the person God
created me to be a waste of life, and will never lead to abundant life
So, I want to be brave and authentic, as one requires the other.
In my words and in my blog.
Just as if you were coming over to my chaotic
 cluttered house for a 6 hour play date full of 
loud kids and too much coffee in your pajamas.
{Thank you Julie & Nicole}
That's what I wanna do.

You are a stinkin' spoken poem, friends.
brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous
Made by someone who knows what He's doing.

***This verse is available as a free 5x7 printable here!***





1 comment:

  1. Thank you Erin...we are and need to be reminded!
    BTW...I took your one word art challenge. I did not exactly like what I ended up with BUT at least I took the challenge with my word 'fearless'. I love your blog and all your encouragement in Christ. :-)

    ReplyDelete