Pages

Tuesday, March 8

Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?


There comes a time in some painting (relationships)
when you just have to walk away.
leave it alone.
stop manipulating.
overworking
forcing.
fixing.
remind yourself again and again
that you've done the very best you can do.
that's all you can do.
it's time to move on.
to let go.
to surrender.

Um, sound familiar?
I told you it picked me.


I know you know what I mean.
I know you've been there.


And sometimes,
remarkably,
when you get
a little perspective,
a little space,
it comes to you
so easy
without force.
all of the pieces magically
fall together.


and sometimes.
it just doesn't.
ever.
come together.
and it's painful
and it's beyond your control.
and you still have to walk away and move on.
because that's how life is sometimes.


These are all bits and pieces
of paintings that I can't seem
to make work.
So I'm moving on.
Painting over them.
Making room for new things.

2 comments:

  1. are you coming to Blog Sugar? Saw your post on Meg's blog and it sounded like you are. Looking forward to meeting you if you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so relate to this. Thank you for sharing.

    PS LOVE the new look on your blog!

    ReplyDelete